- "Roccotober" - Another cute Tampa Bay sign in the crowd.
- Coco Crisp's slide away from second is going to be HUGELY controversial Monday morning.
- I believe it was Buck Martinez who mentions that some people may wonder why Francona doesn't pinch run for Ortiz in the 8th so they can score on a double. "If they get to extra innings, you want Ortiz's bat in the lineup." Buck, THEY NEED TO GET TO EXTRAS FIRST!
- Bringing in David Price with the bases loaded in this situation took enormous nuts. JD "Clutch" Drew is not an easy out. If Price boots it, you risk his confidence. But, alas, it worked. And strike 3 didn't appear to be a strike. It certainly wasn't a call a recent callup gets. Good for him.
- If Coco had slid properly, they'd be down just 3-2 with Bay coming to the plate with the bases loaded. But we won't dwell on that, will we?
- Yes, we will.
- I can't help but laugh still at Dick Vitale's earlier gyrations. Just hilarious.
- (Channeling my inner Remy) Okajimer pitches well against Tamper.
- Is our season really going to come down to Mark Kotsay and Jason Varitek?
- How does Kotsay allow strike three to go past him? That's almost as bad as Beltran watching strike 3 to end the 2006 NLCS.
- Varitek... ugh...
- Maybe there's another Molina brother the Sox can sign this offseason.
But it still sucks that the Sox lost.
I had this whole post planned out in my head, comparing the 2004 ALCS to this one, how people stopped watching in game 4 in 2004 and the same happened in game 5 this year. But that post has been scrapped.