Saturday, October 18, 2008

ALCS Game 6 Random Thoughts Innings 3 and 4

Continuation from innings 1 and 2...
  • Big Papi might be pulling out of this slump. I will now reverse the jinx I just put on by saying that his recent surge is surely done now.
  • So you've got the bases loaded in the second inning. Who would you want up in this situation? Certainly not Mark Kotsay. I typed all that prior to them showing the stat that Kotsay has left the most men on during the ALCS. And three more left on. Awesome.
  • Is Brooke Shields still relevant?
  • 68 pitches through 3 for BGJ.
  • Has Craig Sager ever explained his affinity for awful clothes?
  • Bartlett definitely leaned into that pitch. I guess that's what makes him the Tampa Bay MVP. Something has to. It's certainly not his offense or defense.
  • A quick Google search provides me with a lot of good, possible answers for why Craig Sager dresses as he does. The best part about the Olympics is that they made him follow a dress code.
  • In my previous post I mentioned that SNL has sucked for a long time, but I forgot about their digital shorts. They have three in particular that rival anything else SNL has ever put on tv: Dick in a Box, Lazy Sunday, and Natalie Raps. Dick in a Box is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and is eminently rewatchable. I am a reformed Justin Timberlake hater because of that video.
  • I usually pick on the announcers in these games, but TBS' announcers are so bland that they never say anything remotely interesting or noteworthy. I don't even notice they're there, which is a good thing, I guess. Whatever.
  • Wait, one of them just said, "Beckett is out of third inning trouble." Trouble? He hit a batter and stranded him at first base. That's not trouble; that's a 1.00 WHIP for the inning. Pretty solid.
  • Beckett is now at 43 pitches through 3. For those of you with dyscalculia - that's when you have difficulty with numbers and math - that's better than BGJ's 68 through 3. In this way, baseball is like golf.
  • Seriously? Brooke Shields? She's never been funny, or a good actress. Or attractive!
  • What's up with all the commercials? I just went and peed, talked to my wife, and got a cup of Comeback Caramel Red Sox ice cream and came back and it was still a commercial.
  • Oh, umpiring crew issues.
  • Where's the alternate umpire? Why is this taking so long?
  • During these long delays, wouldn't it be better if they'd scan the crowd for hot women?
  • Craig Sager looks like he's going to cry over this umpire injury.
  • Coco! Another hit.
  • Shields had a considerably easier 4th inning, but it still took him 18 pitches. He's got one more inning in him probably.
  • Good at-bat for Carl Crawford. Lots of foul balls, then a flick of the wrist for a bloop hit. I'll never forget game 1 of the 2003 season when he won the game with a walk-off home run. Good times.
  • Good play by Kotsay to Beckett!

No comments: