- The Sox are swinging at a lot of first pitches. Unusual for them. Must be a scouting report on Big Game James Shields. Hopefully we'll be calling him Big Shame James before too long.
- Jason Bay beats out a double play ball. Manny would have been thrown out by 2 steps.
- 5 pitches to Varitek, 0 swings. Then he swings on ball 4.
- Varitek sucks. But the dearth of MLB-ready catchers will force the Sox to resign him. I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 years, $12 million. But his price goes down with every at-bat.
- Looking forward to the Tina Fey run-in with Sarah Palin. Should be on the same level as Dana Carvey and George H.W. Bush. Classic skit. And now it's been announced that Mark Wahlberg will also appear tonight to confront Andy Samberg. I haven't been an SNL fan for about 14 years, but they're certainly doing well this fall.
- Beckett's fastball is down a bit, but his breaking stuff looks filthy. Quick second inning.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
ALCS Game 6 Random Thoughts Innings 1 and 2
A popular feature during the 2007 playoffs, I've been too busy for Random Thoughts this year. But, here goes: