Monday, March 03, 2008

Why I Hate Nomar

I'm often asked why my hatred for Nomar Garciaparra runs so deep. Well, this article sums it up pretty succinctly. He's really a loathsome man.

Pre-Blogger I wrote an article about why I hated Nomar so much. Unfortunately, most of those articles went the way of my old hard drive. To sum it up, Nomar is a moody asshole. I remember a quote from a Sox player who was a rookie in 2004 (I always assumed it was Youk): "Getting to know my hero Nomar was the biggest disappointment of my life." I thought that was pretty telling.

Now it's sad for an SI columnist to call him out for the same behavior he displayed in Boston. It proves that it wasn't Boston or the new owners who made him this way. He's just a surly, grumpy, pathetic man.

Stop trying to defend him. It makes you look pathetic, too.

No comments: