Sunday, February 24, 2008

Red Sox Get A Colon-oscopy

See what I did there, mixing up the name Colon and a surgery with the same name? Man, I'm a genius. I'm sure no one's ever done that before.

Anyway, the Sox signed Bartolo Colon to a low-risk, high reward minor league deal. This is a brilliant move.

Seriously, Colon is just three years (and about eighty pounds) removed from a "Cy Young" season. I put that in quotes because he didn't deserve it, but whatever. It was a very good season.

Next we're going to hear about "how great he looks" in spring training, and "how he really dedicated himself to his conditioning" in the offseason. I can't wait for that shit.

Oh, and I can't wait for his 1.62 WHIP and .857 OPSA.

But this really is a move that can pay huge dividends. Just like that Wade Miller deal.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Late comment on this post, but I just wanted to say that I kept Colon on my fantasy baseball team last year based on this name alone. My team consisted of him, Putz, BJ....yeah, I came in last place.