Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Fenway Ticket Prices Have Increased Slightly

Via Deadspin.com, ticket prices for upper box seats in 1984 were $7.50. In case you hadn't heard, they're slightly higher than that now.

I seem to recall - and don't quote me on this - paying $14 per ticket for the right field boxes back in 1998-2000, when I went to 2 games each summer. Those now go for $45. I sat in the loge boxes for $20-something and those now go for $85 each. Yowsa.

Add in $30 for parking and another $45 in concessions (a conservative $15 each), you're talking about $210 for 3 bleacher seats. Plus souvenirs.

I say good for the Red Sox. Supply and demand, baby! Charge what you can get.

1 comment:

skootchy22 said...

I have thought about this a lot. It costs a mortagage payment to go to any New England Sports event now (Do the Bruins still play here?)

That being said, since I watch 99.5% of games from my couch on my TV, having a "product" (team) that is superior and fun to watch is fine with me.