Friday, October 05, 2007

Yanks/Indians Game 1 Thoughts

I’m not going to go too in-depth here. I didn’t watch a ton of the game and I haven’t read anything about it. I just had a few thoughts I wanted to get down. I'll have more about tonight's games late tonight.

  • CC Sabathia threw 114 pitches in 5 innings. If you had told me before the game that would happen, I’d have said the Yanks would have scored 10 runs. Of course, that still wouldn’t be enough, but at least they’d then be getting to Blowrowski (did I just make that up?). Sabathia got himself out of some serious jams and that was impressive against that lineup.
  • The funniest part of the game was – aside from another horrific Craig Sager jacket – LeBron James wearing a Yankees hat. In Cleveland. Where he plays. As the face of the Cleveland Cavs. That’s a big “F you” to the state of Ohio and their fans. But it gets better! In the 6th inning, as the Yanks are getting pummeled, LeBron removes the hat for the remainder of the game. Way to support the team.
  • I predicted a sweep for the Indians and I’m sticking with it. For the record, my predictions are looking pretty good right now. I predicted the Rockies to win in 5, the Cubs in 4, sweep for the Sox, and sweep for the Indians. The only completely wrong thing so far is my Cubs pick, which looks really stupid right now.

1 comment:

skootchy22 said...

Another one of those "enjoy it now" days, when no matter what happens the rest of the way, right now just feels great! I cannot believe how much we (Red Sox Nation) hated Beckett last year.