Wednesday, October 03, 2007

ALDS Game 1 Random Thoughts

I'm not going to bore you with things you can read anywhere else, like how absolutely dominant Josh Beckett was. I'm just going to share some thoughts here about game 1.
  • Sideline reporter Jose Mota: did anything he say make any sense whatsoever? Anyone?
  • Frank TV looks hilarious. I'm a big Frank Caliendo fan. Brett Favre!
  • Beckett's legs look weird when they show him standing from behind. I tried to find a picture of it, but it doesn't seem like there are any out there.
  • Don Orsillo did the afternoon Rockies/Phillies game. Why didn't he do the Sox game? Those guys suck. They were talking about how the Angels need "productive outs" and are taught throughout the system how to hit sac flies. I wanted to vomit.
  • Random baseball question: why does an ump signal a foul tip when it's just strike 1 or 2? I've been a baseball fanatic my entire life and this question is a head scratcher, almost like "crooked number."
  • Apparently Stephen King has become the face of Red Sox Nation, which makes us very ugly.
  • John Lackey: ugly. In fact, he looks just like Adam Mesh, who starred in the brief reality show Average Joe. Yes, I watched that show. Check them out below. This was the best I could do.
  • Does Kenny Lofton get paid for that DHL commercial where they talk about him being traded everywhere?
  • Dane Cook: ugh. And why is the website actober.com? I don't even want to go and find out.
  • When they called Ervin Santana the DHL Delivery Man, I laughed out loud. I was hoping for a good punchline in the form of 4 earned runs in 1/3 of an inning, but he actually pitched really well. But why was Lugo bunting on the first pitch? This guy has an 8.30 ERA on the road and Lugo is bunting?
  • In the 9th, Ellsbury had a great catch and the announcer says, "And a great catch by Ellsbury, which puts a smile on Terry Francona's face." They immediately cut to a stoic Francona.
More random thoughts Friday night.


1 comment:

sarah said...

i spent the majority, no, probably the WHOLE game wondering where the heck Remy and Don Orsillo were and why they were not announcing the game. NO one else but them should be allowed to announce a red sox game - everyone else is just so painful to listen to.