Friday, October 05, 2007

ALDS Bos/Ana Game 2 Random Thoughts

Not much noteworthy here. I stopped taking notes at 11:50 when I started chatting with a friend about the game. Our chat was really comical, so I thought I'd paste it into a blog entry until I read back through it and realized how stupid we are. Onto the thoughts:
  • Jose Mota: still incomprehensible.
  • Was it just me, or was the commentator's voice echoing during the first inning?
  • I'm really getting sick of Frank Caliendo now. I don't think there's ever been a quicker change of opinion for me. It took me nearly ten years to realize Bill Simmons is a hack. It took me 3 days to get fed up with Caliendo. Well done, sir.
  • During the first inning, one of the announcers said that the Angels really want to get Daisuke's pitch count up. Well, duh. Isn't that the goal with every pitcher? Except it's less so with him, because he threw 250 pitches one game! Take that! So anyway, the other announcer starts baiting this announcer, asking him how many pitches he thinks Daisuke can go and the first says, "He could probably go into the 120s." Well, yeah. Most good starters can. This isn't a revelation. So the other announcer, still baiting, says, "Well, doesn't he have a history of throwing a lot of pitches per start? Especially in Japan, where they throw a lot more complete games?" Pause. The first announcer then goes on to point out the extra rest Daisuke gets in Japan between starts and says "The Red Sox started giving him 3-4 extra days of rest between starts during September." Huh? I remember one time before his last start that he had 8 days of rest, but it wasn't a pattern. They were setting up for the playoffs.
  • It's 12:40. This game has to end soon. I'm dying. This is way too late for an old man (28) like me.
  • Manny, I love you.
  • And I love me some dirty water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Daisuke looked good, not great, but good. The Angels were just taking cuts at EVERYTHING.

2. I almost crapped my pants when Pedroia hit the deck... Yikes!

3. The bugs in Cleveland. Am I the only one who thinks G-d sent down a plague on the Yankees?

4. Hey if you're old so am I... SUCK IT UP!

J