Thursday, September 27, 2007

Does Jose Offerman Believe in Dinosaurs?

By now you of course have heard that Jose Offerman attacked a pitcher and catcher with a bat in a minor league game. The case was highlighted on Deadspin today, with a link to a slideshow of the incident.

Naturally curious, I start watching the slideshow, and like in Stephen King's "It" when the clown would appear and scare the crap out of me, a special someone from my nightmares appears at the 1:07 mark: Carl Everett! He wears #8 and comes out of the pile with the offending bat, looking like a hero.

So back in 2000, if someone had told you one of these two guys would go nuts with a bat on a pitcher and catcher in a minor league game, how many of you would have put money on Offerman? None of you.

Somewhere, Ron Kulpa scratches his head.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Not me. I would have guessed Everett easily.

I knew Jose was not the least surly man, but would never had guessed at this. But he plead Not Guilty, so he should be fine...