Thursday, June 07, 2007

It's All My Fault Schilling Didn't Get The No-Hitter

I was driving home alone from work today when they mentioned the A's were hitless through 6. I went inside and turned on the tv and asked my wife to hold off on dinner because I wanted to watch the end of the game. She was sitting at the computer with 2 outs in the 9th when I told her to come and watch with me.

You see, we had tickets to the Red Sox game back in April of 2002 when Derek Lowe pitched the no-no against Tampa Bay. She wasn't able to make it, but I went with my family and got to see a great game, something I'll remember forever.

So I wanted to make sure she got the chance to see a no-hitter. But I jinxed Schilling with 2 outs in the 9th. It's all my fault.

Edit: Apparently I'm not the only one who feels as if they jinxed Schill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy he was so close to that no-hitter!

hey looks like your kids are going to be able to pitch there own no-hitter very soon right here in Massachusetts:
http://www.kidsreplicaballpark.org/MFP_blog.html