Thursday, May 24, 2007

More Overratedness

I just wrote about Jayson Stark’s article about the 10 most overrated active players, but then I read his article about the most overrated centerfielder of all-time and it was phenomenally interesting. It’s not that I dislike Jayson Stark; I’m just indifferent about him. He’s always been gimmicky and not that informative about things I care about. But I’m actually considering buying this book.

I’ve never been a big Andruw Jones fan, except when talking about his defense. I’d never checked out the stats, but Stark touches on my favorite: Zone Rating. I won’t even quote the article/book here because there’d be too much to quote. Just go read it and buy the book: The Stark Truth: The Most Overrated and Underrated Players in Baseball History.

I'm too lazy to go see if Jones is a free agent after this year, but I'm quite sure he is. With Coco Crisp's sharp decline I hope the Sox don't pursue Jones. He's bound to be grossly overpaid.

No comments: