Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Celtics Fans' Hopes Were Too High

I don't typically write about the Celtics, but I feel especially strong about this because it's somewhat statistics-based.

Everything I've heard and read today indicates that Celtics fans had unreasonably high hopes/expectations for getting a top 2 pick. Even Doc Rivers was quoted as saying that the odds were in their favor.

But were they? From what I understand, they had approximately a 39% chance of getting a top 2 pick. Based on my math, that means they had a 61% chance of not getting a top 2 pick. Those aren't good odds.

You know who I don't feel for today? That dumbass they showed on tv with the Oden Celtics jersey. That poor schmuck probably had that thing custom made for the occasion and look at what happened.

I've just become so disenfranchised by Danny and Doc that this didn't bother me all that much. I'm not sure that the Celtics can be a successful franchise with Danny Ainge at the helm and I know they can't be with Doc as their head coach.

One thing I know is that the Trailblazers are back after being the Jailblazers. They are going to have a very strong, young team for years to come. And the Celtics will just have a young team.

No comments: