Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fox Baseball Still Painful to Watch

I received some good feedback over the weekend about my "negative attitude" towards the Red Sox. I'm not negative; I'm just a realist and I use statistics to make my point. I am not going to regurgitate the basic stats that you hear everywhere. I basically listen to sports talk radio and read articles and get pissed about misconceptions and work to prove them wrong. Whether that paints the Sox team or players in a good or bad light doesn't matter.

Watched the Sox on Fox yesterday. Tim McCarver gets worse and worse, doesn't he? It actually makes the game painful to watch. Some people would say it's like nails on a chalkboard, but the worst sound to me is someone clipping their nails. Listening to Tim McCarver is like sitting next to someone who is clipping their nails for 3 hours straight. This isn't the last you'll hear about this.

Schilling looks great again (look at me being positive!). Since his poor first outing, he's 2-0 with a 0.67 WHIP, .154 BAA and 0.60 ERA. His K/9 and K/BB keep slipping, but his BAA is the lowest it's been since 1995 and OPSA is lowest since 1992. It's early so we can't say this is a trend yet, but it's still nice to see. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox extended his contract if he continued to pitch well after 10 starts. The only other top free agent after this season was Carlos Zambrano and he appears to be resigning with the Cubs.

No comments: