Sunday, March 11, 2007

Schilling's Blog

I'll admit it: I'm really enjoying Schilling's blog. I didn't think I would, but he's been very insightful into the clubhouse, his favorite games, players he's hated to face, etc. It's quite interesting. I think it's going to get a coveted spot on my daily blogroll, alongside Deadspin and With Leather (slightly NSFW at times). I wish I had time for more sports blogs, particularly Sox blogs, but that's it. Oh, I do check out Boston Dirt Dogs every day, but that's not really reading material; it's more for the brief, witty recaps and the pictures.

Back to Schilling, he's answering reader questions, which is really cool. He's done quite a few each day for 3 days in a row now and promises to continue until the season, when he'll write a post about each game. I can't imagine any better recap than one directly from a player, who can tell us player reactions, in-game quotes, and funny clubhouse things. I know he'll never break the sanctity of the clubhouse, but I know there are things that are said that he can repeat.

Schilling hasn't yet answered my Timlin post and I'm sure he won't, but he did allow it to be posted, so that's good. I'm glad I've allowed myself to enjoy his blog. I was skeptical at first.

2 comments:

MamanMae said...

well i am glad you finally came around. blowhard or not, it is good reading!

Red Sox Stats Guy said...

"Finally"? He's only had it for like 4 days!